Discussing Radiation Therapy With Dr. Joseph Marascio, Radiation Oncologist Penn Medicine | Virtua Health Cancer Program
97.5 The Fanatic’s Pat Egan, in for Andrew Salciunas, speaks with Dr. Joseph Marascio, Radiation Oncologist with Penn Medicine and the Virtua Health Cancer Program. They discuss radiation therapy, including proton therapy, which is now available in South Jersey.
Virtua Health radiation oncologists care for patients with cancer.
Radiation oncology offers personalized treatments based on your individual needs. Virtua Health and Penn Medicine have locations throughout the area staffed by expertly trained specialists. They have the most advanced radiation therapy that precisely targets cancer cells while sparing normal tissue. The goal is to deliver an optimal dose of radiation therapy to destroy tumors and keep them from reoccurring while minimizing potential side effects.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- For anyone who’s not familiar with radiation therapy, can you explain it?
- What are the benefits of it?
- What is important about Penn Medicine and Virtua Health’s proton therapy center?
- Can anyone that is dealing with cancer have proton therapy?
- Can you tell us more about some of the other features that you guys have?
- Staying up-to-date on cancer screenings to catch cancer early for better treatment.
Find out more at Virtua Health.