The Inside Scoop On Teleheath With Virtua Health’s Dr. Angela Skrzynski
Dr. Angela Skrzynski, MD speaks with The Fanatic’s Andrew Salciunas about the benefits of telehealth. Most of Dr. Angela Skrzynski’s patient appointments are done via telehealth.
Teleheath with Virtua Health is the use of telecommunications technology to deliver healthcare services from a distance. This can include video visits, phone calls, and secure messaging.
Virtua’s telehealth services are available to patients of all ages, and they can be used for a variety of conditions. Some of the most common reasons for using telehealth include:
- Managing chronic conditions, such as diabetes or high blood pressure
- Getting a prescription refill
- Seeking advice for a minor illness or injury
- Talking to a therapist or counselor
Telehealth can be a convenient and affordable way to access healthcare.
Here are some of the benefits of using telehealth at Virtua Health:
- Convenience: You can access care from the comfort of your own home or anywhere else with an internet connection.
- Affordable: Telehealth visits are often less expensive than in-person visits.
- Safe: Telehealth can help you avoid exposure to germs and other risks associated with going to a doctor’s office.
- Convenient: You can usually schedule a telehealth visit quickly and easily.
To use telehealth at Virtua Health, you will need to create an account on the Virtua website. You can then schedule a visit with a provider or request a prescription refill.
What are things patients should do prior to, during and after their telehealth visit?
- Keep a list of your symptoms and current medications.
- Log in early
- Test camera
- Follow-up appointment
- Schedule referral or testing appointments
- Make sure you have their contact info
- Review after visit summary
- Keep in touch with your Virtua physician via MyChart – taking charge of your own care
Overall, telehealth can be a great way to access healthcare. It is convenient, affordable, and safe. If you are considering using telehealth, talk to your doctor to see if it is right for you.
Here are some additional resources about telehealth at Virtua Health: