Audio Vault: 6 Great Opening Day Memories with the Philadelphia Phillies
See what Andrew Salciunas found in The Audio Vault today. Every day he dives deep into the Vault to pull out pieces of audio relevant to the day. And with it being Opening Day, there is only one way Andrew could go with today’s Audio Vault. He gathered 6 great moments from Opening Day, or the Phillies Home Opener, from team history. The moments we remember all these years later. Leadoff home runs, debuts, the opening of ballparks, and big-time hits. Andrew had all of that and more in today’s Vault.
Opening Day is right up there with Christmas for one of the best days of the year. Baseball is back. Even when your team sucks, there is still something special about Opening Day. Luckily for us, this Phillies team appears to be very good. But before we can see them play, lets look at what past teams did on Opening Day.
Here are the 6 Opening Day Moments Andrew played in The Audio Vault today…
- Larry Bowa Gets First Hit and Stolen Base at Veterans Stadium
- Placido Polanco Gets 6 RBIs and a Grand Slam in his first Game Back with the Phillies
- John Mayberry Jr. Walks it Off
- Bryce Harper Makes His Phillies Debut
- Andrew McCutchen Hits a Lead Off HR
- Kyle Schwarber Hits a Lead Off HR