The Top 10 Reasons You Need To Change Your Morning Sports Radio Routine
by John Kincade
You have that favorite restaurant with the entree you can’t get enough of.
You own a pair of jeans you definitely could get rid of but they feel better than wearing your sweats.
You’ve got a local bar where you know all the staff and they always clean their taps. The company and the laughs are top notch.
We all fall into routines and have had businesses that EARNED our loyalty. I understand and embrace those same behaviors. It’s hard to make a change when you felt you were valued and got a solid return on your time investment. Then a window of opportunity presents itself. It’s an open playing field. You’re looking to replace that special security blanket in your life that kept you engaged for so long. That time is now. It’s time to wander, sample and realize the options available. It’s also a perfect time for you to start a relationship all over again.
Mornings in Philadelphia Radio have had a seismic event. The most dominant talent in the sports radio format has decided to ride off to many a Sea Isle sunsets. I want to make you an offer. I want to present an opportunity and ask for your business. I don’t want you to just stop in from time to time, we’ve got a seat with your name on it.
Here are The Top 10 Reasons You Need A New Sports Radio Morning Routine
1. This is being forced on you. It’s open season for ears that haven’t chosen to seek out much new content in three decades. You need a plan, you must check out your options.
2. You’re not your Dad. You don’t prefer the same old way of doing things that he does. You like to have someone impress you, keep things fresh, try different things and work to keep you happy.
3. You like podcasts more than traditional radio. You want to be able to check in and check out knowing that every segment will be engaging and valuable. It won’t be the same old segments at the same old times delivered in the same old way.
4. You prefer to laugh. You don’t want the typical firing squad approach of old school Philly sports radio. You aren’t checking in for stand up but want the conversations to engage and entertain.
5. You’ve heard the same ten callers on the same shows calling in to the same hosts multiple times in the same week. It’s not 2003. Evolve, please. Again, you don’t need to think you are car pooling with your Dad and he’s controlling the radio.
6. You don’t want the tired old, Deliver a rant, put up a poll question, throw out the phone number and do the same old format show after show.
7. You want energy and passion, without the hot takes. Inflammatory radio for the sake of generating callers as content would get you a failing grade in broadcasting schools. You want to be woken up and listen in a friendly environment.
8. You watch YouTube. You like being able to watch a broadcast as much as you like listening to one. You may want to consume the content in off hours. You like flexibility. You can watch and listen to a morning show in the afternoon, because it’s content you desire.
9. You want to listen to a show where the hosts seek out opportunities to engage with you. I’m not talking about shaking hands with you at a remote broadcast where the hosts have to be there. Every hear of radio show hosts scheduling meet and greet happy hours and coming to your neighborhood in the evening to seek you out? Yeah, I hadn’t either. How about being invited in to the studio to watch a broadcast, get fed and win prizes? I know, pretty unique. We’ve got you covered.
10. You have been unsatisfied for a while, but didn’t want to feel like you were cheating. Old habits are hard to break. New habits though are easy to form.
The John Kincade Show wants to meet you and desires your business.
Beginning Monday, 2/20/23 we start our first Open House Week with live broadcasts in front of our listeners. There will be plenty of guests dropping by and entertaining conversations. We will have some of our normal shenanigans and a few new twists as well. It will be a good chance to listen in and find out what our show is all about.
I look forward to having you join us every weekday morning from 6-10am. No team will out work us in creating a different, non- typical cookie cutter sports radio broadcast.
Give us a listen and create a new habit. I dare you!