Game two of the 76ers five-game road trip and the second night of a back-to-back following a 119-96 win over the Miami Heat on Wednesday night, landing them in Dallas to take on the Mavericks tonight. This is the first meeting between Philadelphia and the Mavericks on the season. Last campaign they split the two-game season series as both won on their home floor.
Here are a few key notes for the contest:
- All-Star Guard Kyrie Irving was traded to the Mavericks before February’s trade deadline. Irving has played in eight games with averages of 24.7 points and 6.9 assists. Irving faced the Sixers twice this season while still with the Nets, scoring 23 and 30 in the two losses. Always a tough cover no matter what uniform he’s wearing.
- Fellow All-Star Luka Doncic leads the NBA in scoring at 33.2 points per game. Putting him right in front of All-Star Joel Embiid from the 76ers with a 33.0 average. Sixers’ guard James Harden is the league’s assist leader with 10.6 dimes per contest, while backcourt mate De’Anthony Melton is tied for third in the Association with 1.7 steals per game.
- In the win over Miami, Philadelphia turned the ball over just nine times which allowed them to have five more field goal attempts on the evening. Including a plus-8 in made 3’s with 15 to the Heat’s 7.
- The Sixers love getting to the free-throw line and especially with Embiid and point guard James Harden. But with the big fella out against Miami, they were still aggressive getting to the charity stripe 22 times, finishing a perfect 22-for-22. The third time in team history going perfect from the line with 20 or more attempts, according to Stathead.
- The Sixers will be playing in game number 62, collecting their 40th win of the season in game 61 over the Heat last night. Tied for the quickest time to reach this win total since the 2000-01 season, according to Stathead.
- The Mavericks are 20-12 at home, 6-6 versus the Eastern Conference. Philadelphia is 16-11 on the road and 6-3 when facing a Western Conference opponent away from home.
Embiid missed the game at Miami due to left foot soreness. There is no update as of yet for his availability against the Mavs.
If you like this, you may also enjoy…
5 Things to Know About Devon Witherspoon- Eagles Prospect Profile