2022 Is Almost in the books. And so we have our final episode of “The Best Show Ever?” of the year. And to commemorate the moment, they had their end-of-the-year awards show. Who was the best Philly Athlete in 2022? The most disappointing? What were their favorite movies, albums, and TV Shows? The cast of the show gave out their awards for those categories and more all throughout the show.
Best Philadelphia Team
- Tyrone Johnson- Phillies
- Hunter Brody- Phillies
- Ricky Bottalico- Phillies
- Jen Scordo- Eagles
- Dylan MacKinnon- Phillies
The Phillies were almost the unanimous pick here. Jen was the lone outlier picking the Eagles over the Phillies. The Phillies came just two wins away from the World Series. But the Eagles have had one of the best regular seasons in franchise history, and still could win the Super Bowl, it would just be in 2023 so it does not count towards this year.
Best Philadelphia Athlete
- Tyrone Johnson- Joel Embiid
- Hunter Brody- Joel Embiid
- Ricky Bottalico- Jalen Hurts
- Jen Scordo- Joel Embiid
- Dylan MacKinnon- Joel Embiid
Once again it was near unanimous, but this time it was Ricky who was the lone person picking Jalen Hurts. Everyone else picked Joel Embiid, which is hard to argue against. Embiid is the MVP runner-up two years in a row. And he is somehow playing even better this season. It should be mentioned NBC side producer also threw out Bryce Harper’s name. But the rest of the cast agreed that while Bryce is great, him being forced to only DH put him behind Embiid and Hurts for now.
Best Philadelphia Coach
- Tyrone Johnson- Nick Sirianni
- Hunter Brody- Rob Thomson
- Ricky Bottalico- Rob Thomson
- Jen Scordo- Rob Thomson
- Dylan MacKinnon- Nick Sirianni
Everyone picked either Nick Sirianni or Rob Thomson. Although Jim Curtin gets an honorary mention too for bringing his Union to the MLS Cup. But Rob Thomson got the most votes so he takes home the award.
Most Disappointing Athlete
- Tyrone Johnson- Nick Castellanos
- Hunter Brody- Nick Castellanos
- Ricky Bottalico- Nick Castellanos
- Jen Scordo- Nick Castellanos
- Dylan MacKinnon- Nick Castellanos
Nick Castellanos had the honor of being the
Most Popular Athlete
- Tyrone Johnson- Jalen Hurts
- Hunter Brody- Bryce Harper
- Ricky Bottalico- Kyle Schwarber
- Jen Scordo- Kyle Schwarber
- Dylan MacKinnon- Tyrese Maxey
With two votes Kyle Schwarber won the vote.
The Philadelphia Athlete We Don’t Want Back Next Year
- Tyrone Johnson- Kevin Hayes
- Hunter Brody- Ivan Provorov
- Ricky Bottalico- Rasmus Ristolainen
- Jen Scordo- The Rest of The Flyers
- Dylan MacKinnon- Travis Sanheim
There were no repeat answers, but all 5 people chose a Flyer, which shows you just how bad the Flyers are. Tyrone’s Hayes answer was not because he dislikes Hayes, but because he wants to free him from how Tortorella who keeps benching him for some reason.
Best National Play-by-Play Commentator
- Tyrone Johnson- Joe Buck
- Hunter Brody- Gus Johnson
- Ricky Bottalico- Joe Buck
- Jen Scordo- Jim Nantz
- Dylan MacKinnon- Joe Buck
Joe Buck got a ton of love in this category. There are many in Philly who dislike Buck for whatever reason, but The Best Show Ever loves him. He was no longer on the Baseball Playoff broadcasts this year because of his move to ESPN, but he did bring some much-needed stability to Monday Night Football. And with the most votes, he took the award home.
Best National Color Commentator
- Tyrone Johnson- Todd Blackledge
- Hunter Brody- Troy Aikman
- Ricky Bottalico- Keith Jones
- Jen Scordo- Greg Olsen
- Dylan MacKinnon- Troy Aikman
Troy Aikman took the win as the only person with multiple votes.
Best TV Show
- Tyrone Johnson- Abbott Elementary and The Dropout
- Hunter Brody- Euphoria
- Ricky Bottalico- Abbott Elementary
- Jen Scordo- Only Murderers In The Building and The Bear
- Dylan MacKinnon- Better Call Saul
In this case, they were allowed to pick one comedy and one dram if they wanted. Abbott Elementary was the only show that got multiple shoutouts.
- Tyrone Johnson- Glass Onion
- Hunter Brody- Top Gun
- Ricky Bottalico- Top Gun
- Jen Scordo- Top Gun
- Dylan MacKinnon- Everything Everywhere All At Once
Top Gun ran away with it getting 3 votes
Best New Album
- Tyrone Johnson- Beyonce
- Hunter Brody- Kendrick Lamar
- Ricky Bottalico- Eddie Veder
- Jen Scordo- Luke Combs
- Dylan MacKinnon- Beyonce
Beyonce won it with two votes.
- Tyrone Johnson- Kayne West
- Hunter Brody- Kayne West
- Ricky Bottalico- Vladimir Putin
- Jen Scordo- Vladimir Putin
- Dylan MacKinnon- Kayne West
This was a tough one. Because Putin is more in the general evil category, but Kayne West was a truly horrible person too.