The therapy continues. Yesterday Anthony Gargano and Andrew Slaciunas started the process of us getting over the Phillies’ defeat in the World Series. And their way of doing that was to countdown the worst moments in Philly Sports history, so we can get through it all together in a collective therapy session. And yesterday in the Audio Vault they played moments 19 through 25. That countdown contained today, getting through moments 14-18.
It is not an easy list to get through. But Anthony hopes that if we get through this list together, we can overcome the heartbreak of the most recent entry to the list, and be ready to just enjoy the still-undefeated Eagles. So he put together the list, and they have been counting it down in the Audio Vault. And that Countdown continued today.
Here is what they revealed of Anthony’s Worst Philly Sports moments list so far
25) Rams Beat the Eagles in the 2001 NFC Championship Game
24) Astros Beat the Phillies in the 2022 World Series
23) Lakers Beat the Sixers in Game 5 to Win the 2001 NBA Finals
22) Chicago Blackhawks Beat The Flyers in the 2010 Stanley Cup
21) 1984 Sixers Lose to the Nets in the first round of the playoffs
20) 1985 Flyers Lose to the Oilers in the Stanley Cup
19) Hideki Matsui Destroys the Phillies in the 2009 World Series
Here is the lineup from today’s Audio Vault, where they continue to countdown with moments 14-18…
18) Cody Bleeping Ross Kills the Phillies with 3 HRs in the 2010 NLCS
17) Flyers Lose the Stanley Cup in 1997
16) Dodgers Walk off against the Phillies in 1978 NLCS
15) Cardinals Beat the Eagles in the 2008-2009 NFC Championship Game
14) The End of the 1997 NBA Finals Where the Blazers Finish the Sixers