This Christmas, the Eagles’ Offensive Linemen are releasing a Christmas Album. Lane Johnson, Jason Kelce, and Jordan Mailata are singing on the track. It is being produced by Connor Barwin. And it is set to be released on December 23rd the day before they play the Cowboys in Dallas. And that gave Andrew the idea to go into the Vault, and find all the other times Philly Athletes released their own music.
We have had some talented musical artists play sports in this town. Some less so, who still tried to make their own music. Lou Williams had a somewhat successful turn in Rap. DeSean Jackson and Allen Iverson tried as well, with less success. Brett Myers is still torturing us with his country music. We have seen whole teams put out music like the 1988 Eagles did, and this year’s o line is doing. And we even saw Jordan Mailata wow us with his voice on The Masked Singer. So Andrew gathered some of the best, and worst, examples of our athletes producing their own music.
Here is the lineup of songs by or featuring Philly Athletes, that Andrew played for us in the Audio Vault today…
- Jewlz (Allen Iverson)- 40 Barz
- Meek Mill-I want It All Featuring Sixers Guard Lou Williams
- DeSean Jackson- “Just Ball”
- Dave Schultz- “In the Penalty Box”
- Brett Myers- “Drink This Town Drunk”
- Mo Cheeks Help Natalie Gilbert Finish The National Anthem
- 1988 Eagles- “Buddys Watching You”
And You Can Listen to The Full Audio Vault Below…