by John Kincade
The John Kincade Show – Monday Top Ten List
As a new exercise I’m going to release a Top 10 List for discussion every Monday on the station website. I’ll also bring it up for review on the show. It won’t necessarily have anything to do with a Philly sports team, but for the inaugural edition I go visceral. The Eagles have always had the ability to elicit the greatest emotion from me.
When putting this list together I realized a few things. The top 4 most memorable moments all came in the only run to a Super Bowl Title I’ve ever witnessed. I make zero apologies for that. It does make me understand how critical that Championship was to me and remains as hard to believe today. I’ve wondered what if the Falcons don’t upset the Rams on wildcard weekend? Would they have been a tougher out? What if the Saints don’t give up the Minneapolis Miracle? Facing Drew Brees with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line would have been far more daunting.
Three of my ten moments come from Eagles losses. That run of the 2017 playoffs probably knocked a few more bad moments from this list.
This is also a moments list, not a “games list”. It is a snapshot in my brain, some of which I fully expect to be reviewing in my mind on my death bed one day. Most of them are sure to make me crack a smile. I hope you enjoy my list and that it brings some smiles to your face and that the agony of a few is short. I’d love to hear from you on some of your most memorable moments. Drop me a line anytime John.Kincade@bbgi.com
Mondays Top 10 List – My Most Memorable Eagles Fan “Moments”
- The moment Brandon Graham stripped the ball from Tom Brady in Super Bowl 52
- The Zach Ertz 4th down conversion on the winning TD drive in Super Bowl 52
- Patrick Robinson intercepting Case Keenum to change the momentum in 2018 NFC Title Game
- Julio Jones failing to convert a 4th down TD catch in 2018 NFC Divisional Playoff Game
- Brian Dawkins laying out Alge Crumpler to set the tone in 2005 NFC Title Game
- The Death Walk out of the Vet after the loss to the Bucs in the 2003 NFC Title Game
- The Michael Vick led comeback from down 28-7 in 4Q vs Giants in 2010
- The Eagles 44-6 domination of Dallas to make playoffs in 2008
- The Eagles having the ball with chance to win at St. Louis in 2001 NFC Title Game
- Koy Detmer having to relieve McNabb after injury in the 2004 NFC Title Game