Eagles running back Miles Sanders was not named AP Offensive Rookie of the Year at NFL Honors on Saturday night. Kyler Murray took home the honor.
If Sanders had won he would have been the first Eagles player since tight end Charlie Young won back in 1973.
Here’s a look at how Sanders’ stacked up against the other players he was presumably “competing” with for Rookie of the Year:
RB Miles Sanders (Eagles):
- 818 rushing yards
- 509 receiving yards
- 6 touchdowns
- led all rookies with 1,327 yards from scrimmage
QB Kyler Murray (Cardinals):
- Led rookie quarterbacks with 3,722 passing yards
- 544 rushing yards
- threw for 20 touchdowns (12 INTs) and rushed for 4 more.
RB Josh Jacobs (Raiders):
- Led all rookies with 1,150 rushing yards
- 7 rushing touchdowns
- finished second with 1,316 scrimmage yards
- Five 100-yard games
WR A.J. Brown (Titans):
- Finished with 1,051 receiving yards
- 8 touchdowns to lead all rookies
- Averaged 20.2 yards per reception