NFL Network’s Good Morning Football announced on Wednesday that Harold Carmichael was voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The wide reciever was with the Philadelphia Eagles from 1971-1983.
Some of his accomplishments include:
- Four straight playoff appearances with the Philadelphia Eagles 1978-1981
- Recorded career-high and team record at time with 67 catches for 1,116 yards to lead NFL in receptions and receiving yardage
- Established then-NFL record 127 straight games with a reception (1972-1980)
- Helped Philadelphia to division title and franchise’s first Super Bowl appearance, 1980
- Career stats: 590 receptions for 8,985 yards, 79 TDs
- Named First-Team All-Pro, 1973, Second-Team All-Pro three times, First-Team All-NFC three times (1973, 1978, 1979), Second-Team All-NFC four times. Selected to four Pro Bowls.
- Chosen as NFL Man of the Year, 1980
- Named to NFL’s All-Decade Team of 1970s.